THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF OUR PARTNERSHIP
DISCIPLINE and DIRECTION: Making the Right Decisions
A Logical Process for Making Prudent Decisions
- Not just a strategy or plan.
- You and I have complementary duties & responsibilities.
- Our interests are aligned - no hidden agendas.
- I provide guidance and discipline to help you stick to the plan.
- You fulfill the personal responsibility to yourself and your family to understand the investment strategy and retain control over the important policy decisions.
A Logical, Conservative Investment Strategy
- Based on sound investment principles backed by empirical evidence.
- Easy to understand investment rules and guidelines.
- Focuses on managing risk as well as seeking better returns.
Insulates Decision-Making from the Influence of Human Nature and Emotion
- The biggest obstacle to investment success is our own Human Nature.
An Uncomplicated, Written Investment Plan
- Based on your most important investment goals.
- Reduces costs: identifies and controls taxes, fees, and expenses.
- Efficient implementation, management and monitoring.
- Regular review, course correction and portfolio rebalancing.
- Simplifies your life and provides you with peace of mind.
EMPATHY: Appreciation for You as a Person
Respects You as an Individual
- Recognizes and appreciates your personal situation, beliefs, and preferences.
- Listens and answers questions, attentive to concerns or anxiety.
Customized Personal Plan - not "one-size-fits-all.”
- Based on your instructions as detailed in the Investment Policy Statement
- Goal-Oriented – addresses your specific financial goals.
- A prudent level of risk (not too little, not too much)
- Based on your personal risk tolerance and target rate of return.
FAIRNESS: Treating You Fairly
Fee Based on Work Performed (no commissions or asset fees).
- Hourly rate – cost is directly correlated to the amount of work.
Transparency: you know exactly what you are paying – in advance.
TRUSTWORTHINESS: Earning Your Trust
At the end of the day investors are forced to rely on the advisor’s integrity. Ultimately the value of every other important element of your relationship flows from trustworthiness.
- Expertise (Education, Experience, Credentials, Judgment) - see Bio.
A Fiduciary Duty – no divided loyalty (creating the basis for trust)
- I work for you first! All other associations are subordinate.
- I follow the CFP® definition of fiduciary: One who acts in the utmost good faith, acting in a way we reasonably believe is in the best interests of our clients.
- Actions based on Policies and Principles - not simply rules and regulations.
- Follow a strict Code of Conduct and Practice Standards [CFP® AIF®].
- Exercise objectivity, confidentiality, diligence, proper management of resources.
- Hourly-rate compensation means no sales-related conflicts of interests.
- Consistent and dependable, live up to promises.
EDUCATION: Helping You Become A Better Investor
The Fundamental Rules of Investing
- The Not-So-Secret Secrets of Successful Investing℠.
- Sound, common sense investment principles that really work.
Why Some Widely-Held Beliefs About Investing are Actually Wrong
- How markets actually behave, not how we think they should behave.
Protecting Yourself from the Influence of Human Nature
- How Human Nature affects decision-making.